Allen Ostrofe | MBA, CFP®
President of Ostrofe Financial Consultants, Inc.
Check the background of this investment professional on FINRA's BrokerCheck
Allen is Founder and President of Nevada County's oldest and largest Registered Investment Advisor (RIA), serving clients in 31 states.
Educated in business, engineering, and liberal arts, Allen is a native San Franciscan who holds a Bachelor of Arts in Business and Communications from the University of Portland together with the University of Salzburg, Austria. He earned a Master of Business Administration (MBA) in International Management from the Thunderbird School of Global Management in Glendale, Arizona. Allen is a Certified Financial Planner (CFP). He earned his CFP designation from the College for Financial Planning in Denver, Colorado together with the University of Southern California.
Allen is a Registered General Securities Principal with the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority and is a member of the Institute of Certified Financial Planners, Gold Country Estate Planning Council, and member of Who’s Who in Registry of Global Business Leaders. He was admitted to the original Registry of Financial Planning Practitioners of the International Association for Financial Planning, and is a licensed agent for life, disability, and variable annuity insurance contracts. He is an Accredited Investment Fiduciary (AIF) through Fi360.
Allen’s international and financial business experience includes 36 years of executive and director positions with a multinational corporation in the United States, Europe, and South America. His financial and economic experience included primary responsibility for multi-million-dollar corporate budgets.
An author of over 340 published investment articles, he also has been a contributing author to ABOUT YOUR FUTURE...Financial Planning Will Make The Difference. Read some of his articles. Allen has been a frequent lecturer on the subject of Money Management and Financial Independence.
- Founding board member of Bear Yuba Land Trust
- Member of Knights of Columbus
- Member of the Grass Valley/Nevada County Chamber of Commerce
- Director-International and Board Member of the Rotary Club of Grass Valley South
- President of the Greater Grass Valley Securities Corporation
- Board member of Associated Financial Corporation, Broker/Dealer
- Investments Professor for Sierra College
- Corporation member of the Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital
- Board member and Financial Advisor to Music In The Mountains
- Advisory Board member of Truckee River Bank
- Board Member of the 49er Rotary Breakfast Club
- President of the Rotary Club of Grass Valley South
- Ethics Chair, International Association of Financial Planners (IAFP), Sacramento Chapter